Welcome! to About Life Design
HEALTH AND WELLNESS VIDEO MAGAZINE
Argie Spuck, MSW, LCSW
Argie Spuck has over 12 years experience working with adult and adolescent individuals, couples and groups. She received her Masters in Social Work and is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Florida. Additionally, she is trained in Imago Relationship Therapy, co-created by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D. She has also been trained in Post-Induction Therapy by Pia Mellody at The Meadows for Addiction and Trauma in Arizona.
At About Life Design we specialize in the treatment of trauma and abuse, couples, sex addicts, codependency, spouses of sex-addicts and other addicts, love addiction, relationship issues, recovering couples, adult children of alcoholics, depression, anxiety and other of life’s difficult issues.
About Life Design serves clients from the Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Parkland, Delray Beach area.
Would you like to…
- Increase your sense of self-esteem, confidence, and self-awareness?
- Learn what healthy boundaries are and how to set them?
- Develop your skills at finding or maintaining a healthy relationship?
- Resolve trauma as a result of abandonment, abuse, neglect, enmeshment?
- Resolve feelings of pain, anger, despair, frustration and confusion?
- Develop your sense of inner calm, presence, and awareness?
- Get clear about your life path, and find more balance and fulfillment in your life?
Would you like to…
- End power struggles, and resolve cycles of anger, blaming and shaming?
- Learn to feel safe in your relationship and learn how to trust?
- Increase your ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts with ease?
- Restore passion and intimacy to your marriage/relationship?
- Deepen the experience of love, connection, and understanding between you and your partner?
Would you like to...
- break from your isolation by making friendships with other women in the group;
- safely vent your feelings and discover that you are not alone with these feelings;
- discover how to feel joy and serenity;
- learn to love yourself;
- learn to trust yourself and others;
- grow in self-confidence, particularly under stress;
- learn to accept affirmation of your strengths, skills and talents;
- be encouraged to put yourr skills and talents into practice;
- learn how to form a supportive network;
- learn new coping skills;
- learn to take care of yourself and feel good about this.
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, I would like to help.
Professional Specialties Include:
- sex addiction/compulsivity
- love addiction
- spouses/partners of sex addicts
- adult children of alcoholics
- trauma resolution
- boundary issues
- anxiety disorders
- marriage/couple therapy
- recovering couples
At the heart of the Imago theory lays the Imago Dialogue. This proven communication tool provides the framework for a simple, respectful and effective way to discuss with your partner the things that really matter.
In Imago, there’s no blame, shame or criticism. Both hearing and being heard in an emotionally safe environment provide a stronger connection. This results in authentic answers to age-old conflicts.
About Post-Induction Therapy ("PIT")
Pia Mellody's model of trauma called "Post Induction Therapy" (PIT) is used to treat codependency and trauma. This is a model which focuses on the origins of adult dysfunctional behaviors by exploring early childhood issues that have fueled various addictions, codependency, depression and painful relationships.It facilitates a deep healing process for shame and abuse on every level.